The Directorate for Research, Lifelong Learning and Employability approves research requests applications to enable researchers to carry out research in state schools. This approval must be presented to Head of Schools where the researcher intends to carry out the research

What you'll get

Authorisation to conduct your research in State Schools.


Anyone who intends to carry out research in State Schools

How to apply

Fill in the online form and submit.

Required documents:

i) A copy of the questionnaire/interview questions/other relevant material to be used in schools during research work.
ii) Teachers' consent when conducting a class observation.
iii) Parents' consent when observing particular student/s.
iv) Parents' consent when interviewing minor/s.
v) Parents' consent when conducting video recordings.
vi) Consent from any adults recognisable in video recordings.
vii) Tutor's approval, which should include both signature and faculty stamp.
viii) Statement of consent.

Consent forms that will be signed by participants or minors’ parents/guardians:

i) For the Maltese version click here .
ii) For the English version click here .