All food handlers are required by law to attend a course in food handling following which, one may apply with the Food Safety Commission for a Food Handlers Card.

What you'll get

A Food Handlers Card will be issued. This is to be kept at all times by the food handler to be presented when requestd during the course of his/her duty.


All food handlers, both Maltese citizens and foreigners, working in Malta.

How to apply

Fill in the online form, print it and send to:

Environmental Health Directorate
Continental Business Centre
Cutrico Buildings, Level 1
Old Railway Road
Sta Venera SVR 9018

Required documents:
i) A passport-sized photo
ii) Payment can be done by cash or by bank transfer (the information regarding the bank transfer is in the form)
iii) Attach a photocopy of the original certificate denoting completion of food handler’s course.