Persons who due to the impact of COVID-19, lose their job in the private sector after 8th March 2020, may apply for this benefit.
If you qualify for the Contributory Unemployment Benefit and you are eligible for this additional benefit, between the two benefits you will receive a direct payment of €166.15 if you were working full-time before you became unemployed or €103.85 per week if you were working part-time before you became unemployed.
In addition you will enjoy the following benefits:
- The Social Security Contribution will be paid and your future contributory pension rights safeguarded;
- If you are entitled to Children’s Allowance you will have its rate adjusted taking into consideration the new income earned and this may increase up to the maximum rate of €24.08 per week per child;
- If you are entitled to the In Work Benefit you will continue to receive it without deductions;
- If you are entitled to Supplementary Allowance you will have its rate adjusted taking into consideration the new income earned and this may increase up to the maximum rate of €4.57 per week for single persons and €12.54 per week for couples.
General eligibility criteria:
- You were working full-time or part-time in the private sector before you became unemployed after 8th March 2020
- You are registering for work under the Part I register with Jobsplus
You do not need to apply for this benefit after you register for work with Jobsplus.
To report changes in circumstances, including if you start receiving your salary from your employer, or for the submission of additional documentation, kindly send an email on: firstname.lastname@example.org
This benefit will be paid till the 3rd July 2020.