Where the family home environment is not possible or available, the Residential Services enable persons with disability to live as independently as possible in the community. Such residential support is provided within small and personalised apartments and houses, which may be residences of the Agency, the home of the individual with disability, or at another location acceptable to all parties, but in the area of operation of Aġenzija Sapport.

What you'll get

Residents will gain skills in community living through individualised support plans. It is therefore assumed that a service user must be under the Person-Centred Support Plan to determine the need and advisability of modification in the manner the service user is supported.


General eligibility criteria:

Residential Services may be accessed by any individual with disability, both minors and adults, who requires such support and is therefore not restricted to any type of impairment. The Service follows the below criteria:

  • Priority is given to individuals having disability with challenging behaviour, at high risk of being institutionalised, or in high need
  • The request submitted by a person with disability can be met with the resources currently available in the particular Residence, should there be any vacancy. When such resources are not immediately accessible, Aġenzija Sapport will commit itself to obtain such resources, or to try and find alternative placements
  • the person with disability, his/her family, and/or service providers are encouraged to participate in the Individual Support Plan and Person-Centred Planning process. The person with disability, his/her family, and/or service providers are involved as per the requirements of the particular service

When a service user starts residing at the residence, 60% of the disability pension is then transferred to the Agency, with the remaining 40% used for the service user’s needs and to purchase personal items. When a service user is unable to take care of his/her finances, these are administered by the Residence’s Leader and Sapport Executive together with the Agency’s Finance Department.

How to apply

Send a request to the Social Work Services to carry out an intake assessment by email to [email protected].