The Single Unmarried Parent Allowance may be awarded to a single unmarried parent who is not engaged in a gainful occupation.
A Single Unmarried Parent Allowance is paid every 4 weeks.
The Single Unmarried Parent Allowance is awarded in full if the applicant is single; living alone and having care and custody of one or more children. However, if the applicant is living with a parent/s, the applicant becomes entitled to 75% of the Single Unmarried Parent Allowance rate.
Please click here for a Schedule of Benefits Rates.
General eligibility criteria:
- The applicant is the Head of Household and is not in gainful occupation
- The applicant must be single and having care and custody of one or more children
- The applicant must satisfy the Capital Means Test. Capital resources for a single person must not exceed €14,000
- Any income deriving from Rents; Bank Interest from Capital, Stocks and Shares; Alimony / Child Maintenance and any other Income derived, must not exceed the maximum Social Assistance rate as per household
- From January 2022 the applicant receiving Single Unmarried Parent Allowance will start taking the full cost of living increase
- Copy of ID Card
- Bank Statements (local and foreign bank accounts)
- Rent Receipts (if paying rent)
- Document re cars in possession
- Document re Property in possession
- Declaration by Head of Household that beneficiary is living in the same household
- Letter or declaration regarding amount of maintenance received for children
How to apply
Fill in and submit the application online.