In order to implement one of the measures identified in Budget 2019, the Prime Minister, the Minister for Finance and the Minister for the Family, Children’s Rights and Social Solidarity have developed the following Scheme that aims to provide a once-only grant for persons who on officially joining the public service after 16th January, 1979, had worked in Government departments before 1979.
This scheme applies to the period of time a person served in the public service during the qualifying period until the termination from the employment with the Government.
Therefore, this grant is awarded according to the number of years a person served in the public service as a public officer after 16 January 1979.
The grant will be paid only to the eligible applicant who qualify and comply with the provisions of this Scheme.
The payment of the grant shall be paid to the applicant by:
• Cheque sent by post to the address shown on the application form, or
• Be deposited directly into a bank account were the pension of the same applicant is deposited
No interests shall run on the amount of the grant due to the applicant. It is a condition of this Scheme that by accepting the grant, the applicant shall be renouncing to any other claim related to this Scheme and withdraw any case instituted against Government, Authority or Government entity.
The Scheme may be spread over a number of years with separate calls for application being issued from time to time. Each call for application shall be subject to a separate verification process.
• The Scheme applies to individuals, resident in Malta, who served in Government departments during the qualifying period, and who immediately following the termination of such qualifying period, served in the public service during the effective period.
• The Scheme also applies to the heirs of such individuals if they satisfy the conditions of this Scheme and if they are deceased when the application for the grant under the Scheme is made.
• The Scheme does not apply to individuals who are in receipt of, or have a right to receive, a pension under the Pensions Ordinance (Chapter 93), the Police Act (Chapter 164) or the Malta Armed Forces Act (Chapter 220).
• Scheme as Published in Government Gazette
This application is currently closed.