A Supplementary Allowance may be awarded to a person having a low income and is currently not in receipt of a
Children's Allowance. This allowance is intended to help a person bridge his / her income requirements.
The payments for this allowance are issued every 13 weeks in advance.
Please click here for a Schedule of Benefits Rates.
General eligibility criteria:
If applying as a couple, a separate signed declaration by the couple is required. Click here to download this
- Copy of the last Rent Receipt, showing payment made by the applicant, if paying rent for own residence.
- Latest Water and Electricity bill, to prove that the applicant is responsible for the household, especially if
other persons are registered on same address. This does not appy to persons living in residential care or
- Financial documents showing the income of applicant and spouse/partner (if applicable), if applicant is not
receiving a pension or social assistance.
- FS3 of the relevant year duly signed by the employer if the applicant is employed, including other employments
(full-time and part-time) that the applicant may have. This also applies to the spouse/partner if applicable.
- Profit and Loss Account, including copies of contribution receipts of the relevant year, if applicant is
self-employed. This also applies to the spouse/partner if applicable.
- Final Audited Accounts, including copies of contribution receipts, if applicant and/or spouse/partner are
directors/company's majority shareholders. This also applies to the spouse/partner if applicable.
- Separation document in case of applicant is separated.
- In case of applicant has been residing abroad for a period of more than three (3) months, documentation showing
- In case of applicant is on unpaid leave a document showing this case.
- Foreign pension slips.
- Rent income declaration (in case applicant receives rent).