This form is used to convert a vehicle classification or type of usage from:
- Commercial to Private.
- Tax free to Private.
- Box van to Truck.
- Tractor unit to Commercial.
- Body type to Body type.

What you'll get

A new registration certificate updated according to the type of conversion and, where applicable, a new pair of registration plates. Applicants also need to pay any difference in registration tax/annual circulation licence fee that may apply.


Any person requesting one of the above conversions.

How to apply

Print and fill in the form and send it to:

Transport Malta
Land Transport Directorate
A3 Towers
Triq l-Arkata
Paola PLA 1212

Together with:
i) An inspection form issued by the Authority's Technical Unit and if the vehicle's body type is converted to 'private'.
ii) A VRT discrepancy form and Mechanical Engineer's report.