When you as a consumer do not manage to amicably resolve a dispute with a trader and hence require assistance from the Office for Consumer Affairs, you will need to lodge a complaint by filling in the complaint form. In this form you are required to provide your personal details, the details of the trader you have a dispute with, information on the type of product or service purchased, and also a brief description of the problems encountered. Together with the complaint form you are also required to attach copies of the documents related to the problematic purchase.

What you'll get

Once the complaint form is duly filled in and sent to the Office for Consumer Affairs within the MCCAA, your complaint is evaluated and if it is justified and falls within the remit of the MCCAA, your case will be assigned to a complaint handler to carry out conciliation between you and the trader with the aim of reaching an amicable solution. This process may take up to 15 working days.


The complaint form needs to be filled in by you as a consumer if you have a dispute with a professional trader, after you have already tried to resolve the issue directly with the trader.

How to apply

Fill in the online form and submit.

One may also print and fill in the form and send to:

Director Complaints and Conciliation Directorate
Malta Competition and Consumer Affairs Authority
Mizzi House
National Road
Blata l-Bajda ĦMR 9010