Minors who have not yet completed compulsory schooling need a school exemption for work purposes.

What you'll get

A school exemption to work after reaching 16 years of age.


Minors who are 16 years old or over.

How to apply

Fill in the online form, print and sign form.

- The parents/legal guardians are to fill and sign Section A. In the absence of a School Leaving Certificate and Profile, the Head of School is to sign and stamp form where indicated in Section A.

- The Employer is to fill in Section B. If the minor has not completed compulsory schooling, 1 of the parents/legal guardians is to present the filled in form at the School or the Social Work Service, Student Services Department. Applicants need to bring along their ID Cards as well as a birth certificate when the student is not a Maltese citizen.

This form cannot be submitted online due to the requirement of an original signature.