After 2 years of practising the teaching profession, teachers who are in possession of a teaching qualification recognised by the Council for Teaching Profession (CTP) are requested to apply for a teacher's permanent warrant. Persons who are in possession of a Master's degree or a comparable degree and have registered for such qualification prior to 29 July 2008 can also apply. Persons who prior to the 29 July 2008 have practised the teaching profession for at least 8 years in a school on completion of 15 years teaching experience can apply for a permanent warrant.

What you'll get

Teacher's permanent warrant.


Persons who satisfy Article 24 or 41 of the Education Act found on the following link

How to apply

Fill in the online form, print it and send to:

The Secretary
Council for the Teaching Profession Education Directorates
Office No. 122
Great Siege Road
Floriana VLT 2000

Required documents:
i) Original Police conduct certificate issued within the last month. Foreign applicants may be requested to provide the Council with a Police Records Search.
ii) Photocopies of all qualifications declared are to include certificate of +Degree and Europass Diploma Supplement/official detailed transcript.
All copies are to be personally signed as certified true copies of the original document by the Head of School or by the Secretary of the Council for the Teaching Profession. Heads of School are to include their personal rubberstamp. The first 3 pages of the Europass Diploma Supplement containing personal data need to be certified.
iii) Produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE) if you are in possession of qualifications awarded by foreign universities/tertiary education or other institutions which are not listed as recognised on the MQRIC website.

For Church and Independent Schools Only
i) Original Police Conduct Certificate issued within the last month.
ii) Jobsplus Employment History.
iii) Statement from former Heads of School indicating commencement and termination dates of employment, as well as whether the applicant availed him/herself of any unpaid leave. (Only if applicant has changed schools over the past 2 years).

Applications for Non EU Citizens
i) Certificate of Citizenship or ETC Work Permit.
ii) Police Records Search.
iii) Official declaration that applicant is listed on the register of teachers of his/her country of origin and that s/he has been favourably reported on during his/her teaching career.

This form cannot be submitted online due to the requirement of an original signature.