GET QUALIFIED is an initiative that supports the personal development of individuals for the achievement of qualifications and certifications required by industry. The incentive is applicable to individuals following a course of studies leading to a certification, diploma, degree or post-graduate degree courses. Upon successful completion the student will benefit from a tax credit enabling them to recover part of the costs incurred.
Students following courses approved by the Ministry for Education and Employment are granted tax credits on the following costs:
- fees paid by the individual to the university, institution or other entity recognized by the Ministry for Education and Employment for the training and educational services leading to the approved qualification.
- fees for sitting for examinations required to achieve the approved qualification.
A qualification shall be considered eligible if approved as level 3 or higher on the Malta Qualification Framework (MQF) grading structure. Further information may be found in section 4.1 of the guidelines.
In case of specialised training which is not MQF level rated, the training will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
The qualification or certification is to be granted on merit that is verified through a form of assessment that is specific to that qualification or certification.
In order to benefit from tax credits in-line with the scheme guidelines, students need to follow the below procedure for application:
- Check if course being pursued is in list of approved courses that can be viewed Click Here
- If course is already in approved list, students may opt to register themselves by accessing the portal by clicking Click Here or through an institute, where applicable.
- Once registered, students will receive a username and password enabling them to access the online system, submit and manage their application. Following registration, students are reminded that they are still required to submit their application, in line with the Incentive Guidelines
- If course is not available in approved list, students should Click Here to apply to be considered for eligibility under the scheme.
Apply for new courses to be considered eligible:
Institutes applying for a course that is not already listed should use this application form to be considered for eligibility under the scheme. Click Here .
Institutes registering students to be considered for eligibility under the scheme should use this registration form. Click Here