Scheme for the purchase of government property or leased property used as an ordinary residence or summer residence

What you'll get

Redeemed ground rent (i.e. freehold property) in case of properties previously held on temporary emphyteusis


The applicant must be a person who:

  • Is a citizen of the European Union or UK nationals and their family members granted beneficiary status in Malta in terms of the withdrawal Agreement between the UK and the EU.
  • Is recognised by government as the current utilista/emphyteuta or tenant of the premises or has made a request for recognition and is the waiting to be recognise; and
  • Shall have no outstanding ground/rent payments in respect of the premises

How to apply

Applicants are requested to fill in the appropriate online application form and upload the following documentation in pdf format

Documents Required

  • A copy of the last ground rent receipt
  • A copy of the applicant’s Identity Card (front/back); or UK Nationals residence card (front/back)/UK Nationals interim receipt
  • In case of spouses who are separated and/or divorced, the applicant must produce authenticated copies of relevant documents evidencing such separation and/or divorce
  • A copy of the original contract/s of acquisition of property
  • A sworn statement that the property is used by the applicant or applicants as his/her/their ordinary residence
  • In the case of a summer residence, a sworn statement that the property is used by the applicant for commercial purposes
  • In the case of ordinary residence, the latest actual water and electricity paid bill
  • A site location plan showing thereon the extent of property in question and
  • Photo/s of the façade of the property