This consent form is used whenever applicants have not yet reached the age of 18 and need to be completed when one of the parents lives abroad or is not in Malta. The form must be signed by the parent who is abroad and in the presence of a recommender. The recommender needs to have known the parent for at least 2 years. Persons qualifying as recommenders include Commonwealth Citizens, Medical Practitioners, Lawyers and Architects. This form is an extension of Section 7 of Form A, which should be delivered in person to any Maltese Representation overseas, including Embassies and Consulates.

What you'll get

The consent of parents living abroad or who are currently away, therefore not physically in Malta, to issue a passport for minors. Without this form passports for minors cannot be issued.


In the case of minors only.

How to apply

The parent living abroad must visit in person one of the Maltese representations overseas.