10 days prior to the marriage, and after having completed RZ1, the couple should complete this form confirming that there is no legal impediment or any other lawful cause why the marriage should not take place. Two forms of the RZ2 are to be submitted. One should be signed by the bride and another by the groom after making their declaration on oath or solemnly affirming that there are no legal impediments to the marriage. The oath has to be taken and signed by them in the presence of a Commissioner for Oaths.

What you'll get

Confirmation that there is no cause for the marriage not to take place.


Couples who opt to marry either by civil or religious marriage.

How to apply

Print and fill in the form. Applications should be sent either in person or by post to:
The Marriage Registrar
Marriage Registry