Three months to six weeks prior to the civil union, the spouses must declare on oath or solemnly affirm and sign the RZ2 forms individually (two forms of the RZ2 are to be presented – one signed by each party) in front of a Commissioner for Oaths confirming that there is no legal impediment or any other lawful cause why their civil union should not take place. The Commissioner for Oaths must sign, stamp and date both RZ2 forms. The RZ2 forms need to be submitted together with the RZ1 form

What you'll get

Confirmation that there is no cause for the civil union not to take place.


Couples who opt to contract by Civil Union.

How to apply

Please book an appointment with one of the Marriage Registry Officers by clicking on the following link, or by sending an email to : [email protected].