All Maltese citizens intending to travel and/or live abroad temporarily or permanently are urged to fill and sign the Notification D form

What you'll get

The information provided on Notification D is stored in a database for the period indicated on your application (after which this information is destroyed unless a renewal Notification is presented) and is only used in cases of emergency. You may be contacted by the Crisis Unit and/or the Directorate for Maltese Living Abroad within the Ministry for Foreign Affairs if there are emergencies such as natural disasters, severe storms, terrorist attacks, etc in the area where you will be residing/working/studying to determine if you require any assistance.


All Maltese citizens.

How to apply

Fill in the online form, print it and send by post/by hand to the Director at the:

Directorate for the Maltese Living Abroad
Ministry for Foreign and European Affairs
Palazzo Parisio
Merchant Street
Valletta VLT 1171
The Republic of Malta

or via email on: malteselivingabroad.mfea@gov.mt