Parents employed in the private sector, with children under 16 years of age, who are not able to work from home, and who due to the impact of COVID-19, after 8th March 2020 cannot go to work to take care of their children, may apply for this benefit. (Does not include employees, working with private companies, and who work or provide an essential service in a Government department or entity).
If you are eligible for this benefit, you’ll receive a direct payment of €166.15 per week if you work full-time or €103.85 per week if you work part-time. In addition you will enjoy the following benefits:
- The Social Security Contribution will be paid and your future contributory pension rights safeguarded;
- If you are entitled to Children’s Allowance your rate will be adjusted taking into consideration the new income earned and this may increase up to the maximum rate of €24.08 per week per child;
- If you are entitled to the In Work Benefit you will continue to receive it without deductions;
- If you are entitled to the Tapering of Benefits you will continue to receive it without deductions;
You are eligible if:
- You are a parent of children under 16 years of age
- You work full-time or part-time in the private sector (read note above about who is excluded)
- You cannot work from home
- You are not attending work to take care of your children after 8th March 2020
This benefit will be paid till 3rd July.